Friday 18 July 2014

Random 5 on Friday


1. I am surrounded by toys, as I often am, but these toys are all little people toys, the very same ones that I played with as a little person.  The school house with the slipperydip and little swing, the fliptop desk and clock.  School room sets and books about schools always fascinated me who was homeschooled.   I never wanted to go to school, just imagine it.   These are the toys that I borrowed from the toy library when I was 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and then bought from them at 16 when they were getting more modern ones and wrote stories about them.

2. Stephen has been sick this week and at home a bit so our house is spectacularly tidy compared to it’s normal state.   We also have guests and I woke up this morning to find her sweeping my entire house.  Wow. 

3. I discovered that Jamie Oliver’s 30 minute meals are on tv at 8am in the mornings of weekdays quite by accident on Thursday morning and so I have been watching them while Erin and I eat breakfast and getting inspired, especially by his amazing healthy drinks!  

4.  I have also been watching Jon and Kate Plus 8, a fun tv show (well I had the first season on dvd lent to me by a friend) that follows the lives of an American couple who at the time of shooting had two 6 year olds and six 2 year olds due to IBF.  I read the book ‘Multiple Blessings’ when I was pregnant and was so glad that I wasn’t that huge!    The scary things is Jon and Kate sound a little bit like me and Stephen when we are teaching Sunday School.  Eeek

5. Today I was teaching a tambourine dance class, and we were working on rhythm with songs that change beat randomly.  My favourite cd for this the IHOP Joy cd. 
(All those ribbons are ones that I made to dance with and took them up to PNG in 2010 to give away)

The Pebble Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment