Sunday 2 January 2022

How Beautiful Even the Fog Can Be

So, I've decided to take up writing poetry again.   

Perhaps it will provide some light(er) relief from my very long, verbose blog posts.  

I'm not particularly skilled at poetry, but perhaps I'll grow into it.   I'm still trying to get past the primary-school notion that all poetry has to rhyme.   

This was inspired by my dear friend's feedback on my last post about the fog, which is still lifting, slowly but surely.  


Image courtesy of https://unsplash.com/@anniespratt



How Beautiful Even the Fog Can Be


How beautiful even the fog can be

that hides the way 

to a better me

a whole me, a healed me

Yes, there is a beauty here that I can see 

as You journey through this fog with me


How beautiful even the fog can be,

You hold out Your hand to me,

You know the way through

because You are the Way through,

You know the Truth because You are the Truth

that sets me free, to stay free


How beautiful even the fog can be

Because You are very present here, in the fog, with me

It doesn't scare You

even the dark is not dark to You.

Like the fog, You hem me in, behind and before,

Like the fog, You hold me and surround me


How beautiful indeed the journey

through this fog can be

Every step, You have whispered

Every step, You have held

Every step, You have healed

Every step, I have discovered more of You, 

Immanuel, God with me

 

You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  Ps 139:5-6

....even the darkness will not be dark to You;  the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You.  Ps 139:12


And this beautiful rendition of one of my favourite songs, that reminds me that whenever I am 'stuck', He is right here, again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment