Friday 8 April 2022

EXPLORE WITH THE LORD

I've discovered that I like to explore God's creation.    I've taken lots of photos, discovered some amazing things.  

I've also discovered that if I go exploring WITH the Lord, with an awareness of His presence, and an expectation to see, with a listening heart, He shows me things, catches my attention, and His artwork blows me away.  

I'm once again joining with the writers of Five Minute Friday, where we are given a theme word each Friday, and write for five minutes on that theme word.  

This week's word is EXPLORE.  

When I bring the photos home, there's often a great deal more to understand in the artwork that I've captured with my simple phone camera.     Like any good artwork, there are often layers and layers of understanding and learning to be had, in the weeks and months ahead, again as I wait and listen with expectation. 
 
These are some of the artworks I have captured over the last year or so, most of them fairly close by.  

A spider quickly and deftly taking down her web at dawn, before she scoots off to her hidey hole for the day - reminds me that He gives His creatures wisdom and strength.







Rivers that have been gouged out by recent floods - reminds me that He wants to stretch us to make more room for Him.


Beautiful papery flowers in obscure places - reminds me that He sees beauty where no one else does.








The sun shimmering off the water - reminds me that His love is reflected by us and to us.








Fog in the valley - reminds me of His fresh mercies every day.






A flower emerging from a plant that looked completely dead -  reminds me of the power of hope and redemption.







The sun coming up over the hills - reminds me to live with an expectation of Jesus' return.






Cows in a rich valley -  reminds me that He causes things to grow and flourish.






A log-jam in the river -  reminds me that there are often strongholds in my life that inhibit His flow in me and through me.




The very tree that I climbed as a kid - reminds me of His faithfulness to me over many years.




Water falling hundreds of feet into gorges below - reminds me of the depths of His constant love for me.  



Water carving new holes and crevices in a riverbed that was completely dry only months before - 
reminds me that His grace often carves holes in my parched soul that He can then fill with the real knowing of His love.


Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honour and majesty.        Ps 104:1

O Lord, how manifold are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all.
The earth is full of Your possessions........ Ps 104:24

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the Lord.          Ps 104:33,34



As always, a song to finish.  


Hallelujah!
Let all creation stand and sing,
“Hallelujah!”
Fill the earth with songs of worship;
Tell the wonders of creation’s King.







16 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful! And I so agree ... when we explore with the Lord, He so speaks to us through the beauty He displays. We become so aware of His Presence. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. I am learning to practise His presence and not take so much for granted. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos - and such a lot to learn about Him from and through them. Thankyou for sharing
    Just stopped by from FMF #18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather. I keep learning things even months after photos are taken. He never stops teaching us.

      Delete
  3. The photos are beautiful but the take aways speak loudly to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rhonda. They speak loudly to me too, often for months afterwards. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed exploring with you today.

    This..."I've also discovered that if I go exploring WITH the Lord, with an awareness of His presence, and an expectation to see, with a listening heart, He shows me things, catches my attention, and His artwork blows me away." ...is such a wonderful way to view nature!

    FMF#22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Barb. I'm learning to look at it in a new way, and walk and listen quietly. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Kath, I love to explore and observe God's creations too. Lovely song. Blessings.
    FMF#20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. It's such a good practice to get into, and good to have the photos as a reminder. Glad you liked the song. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful! God speaks to us in the most beautiful ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed He does, Deborah. And He keeps speaking to us which is even better. Thanks for stopping by and for your encouragement.

      Delete
  7. I have brought the photos home,
    and stories that they tell,
    of the things that I have known,
    the red precincts of hell.
    I have brought the memories,
    and I have brought the scars
    and stories of eternities
    spent in the thrall of Mars.
    I see it on the phosphor screen
    today, all of the hate,
    and to the heart it just must seem
    that we've all learned too late
    to turn to Christ, and understand
    that we need now just take His hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Andrew!! Your poetry is so profound. Reminds me of some of Tennyson's poetry that my 13yo daughter loves. I hope I can show people His heart before it is too late for them.

      Delete
  8. I usually find spiritual lessons when I photograph creation :). I wrote a whole series in February on all the lessons I've learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, that sounds like a great series. Could you give me the link for that please?

      Delete