Saturday 9 July 2022

TWENTY REASONS TO LOVE THE FATHER

I recently wrote a poem about the Father, because that's how He's been showing Himself to me lately.    You can read the poem here

But in response to this week's prompt word (TWENTY) for Five Minute Friday, I decided to write down twenty things about the Father's love that I'm grateful for.   I'm sure there are at least another twenty I could write down, but that's for another day.   













If I learn these twenty verses and let their truths displace old mindsets, that will be a good start. 


1. He pursues me and draws me to Himself

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;

Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.   Jer 31:3


2. He waited patiently for me to come

The Lord isn’t really being slow about His promise, as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.  2 Pet 3:9


3.   He is both strong and gentle

You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.  Ps 18:35


4. He restores my hope

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.   Rom 5:5


5. He is abounding in both mercy and truth

But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.  Ps 86:15


6.  He strengthens me as I wait on Him

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!   Ps 27:14


7.  He bends down to listen to me! 

Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!  Ps 116:2


8.  He is the Mighty One who sings over me

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zeph 3:17


9.  He loves me enough to discipline and correct me

Because the Lord disciplines the one He loves,  and He chastens everyone He accepts as His son.”  Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as His children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?    Heb 12:6,7 


10.  He daily carries my burdens with me

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens.  Ps 68:19


11.  He is intimately acquainted with all my needs

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.   And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.     So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  Matt 10:29-31


12.   He is with me in the night, instructing me

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  Ps 16:7


13.  He has given me His Holy Spirit to be my Comforter and Counsellor and Teacher

But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.  John 14:26


14.   He comforts me in all my troubles

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation.... 2 Cor 1:3-4


15.  He forgives all my sins

For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;  as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.   Ps 103:12  


16.  He sent His Son to show me who He is  

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  John 1:14


17.  He gave His Son, not to condemn me, but for my salvation

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.    For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.   John 3:16,17


18.    His desire for me is to be strengthened and empowered and made secure.  

But  may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.    1 Peter 5:10


19.  He is ever faithful and unfailing in His love

For I have always been mindful of Your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on Your faithfulness.  Ps 26:3 


20.   I am called by name, and redeemed

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel:

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.  Isa 43:1



This is a beautiful song by Matt Redman about the Father's love


I have heard so many songs

Listened to a thousand tongues

But there is one

That sounds above them all

The Father's song

The Father's love

You sung it over me and for eternity

It's written on my heart


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful reminders. Thank you! (FMF#26)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement! I need reminding constantly.

      Delete
  2. Kath, thank you for these lovely reminders. I love that song.
    FMF #28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Paula. I love that song too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful 20 truths of the Father's love, Kath! Thank you for sharing! ~Lisa, FMF #2

    ReplyDelete