Monday 5 September 2022

PERMISSION TO HEAL

Who is this Father?

Who asks permission 

to heal, 

Who asks permission 

to touch my wounds

so that He can heal them,

Who waits for me

to open the door 

and let Him in 


Who is this Father?

Who asks me to surrender 

the walls around those wounds,

Who understands exactly

why I've built them up,

so carefully,

so desperately

over many years,

walls I have needed

to keep me safe


Who is this Father?

Who could demand 

I let Him in

but doesn't,

Who could control me

but doesn't

Who longs to heal

and hold me,

Who waits until I let Him 

touch those wounds,

Who understands why

I push Him away

and shut Him out


Who is this Father?

Who reaches out

in a myriad of ways,

whose heart breaks

and aches

for the brokenness in me,

Who gave His Son

and watched Him break

so I could be free 

and whole


Who is this Father?

Who knows every nook and cranny,

every drawer and cupboard

of my fragile soul, 

who holds the keys 

to those hidden places

but still asks permission 

to use those keys,

whose grace 

softens my heart

and gives me 

the courage I need

to surrender 


Who is this Father?

Who bends down His ear 

to me

whose heart is inclined

towards me

who watches and waits

and works 

underneath the surface,

whose love

reaches me

in the wrestle 

and in the whispers


Who is this Father?

Who asks me to surrender

what His Son 

has already carried,

Who offers me beauty 

for my ashes,

honour for my shame,

the oil of joy

for my despair,

whose truth and mercy

meet together 

to heal me


Who is this Father?

Who relentlessly pursues me,

whose love is constant

like the waves on the shore,

gently coming 

again and again,

who is ready to run 

towards me

but waits 

till I take that first step,

till I am ready to stop hiding

and say,

"Father, please help me"











http://www.thomfulmer.com/thom-fulmer-2/the-prodigal-father



The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.   He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.’   Zeph 3:17 


Beautiful words from 'God of All My Days' by Casting Crowns 


I ran from You, wandered in the shadows

And found a God, who relentlessly pursues

I hid from You, haunted by my failure

And found the God, whose grace still covers me

I fell on You when I was at my weakest

And found the God, the lifter of my head

And I've worshipped You and felt You right beside me

You're the reason that I sing


'Cause You are the God of all my daysEach step I take, You make a wayI will give You all my praiseMy seasons change, You stay the sameYou're the God of all my days



No comments:

Post a Comment