Friday 7 October 2022

HOW DO I BECOME?

I'm writing for Five Minute Friday and today's prompt is BECOME.


Become is a process.  It's a process of moving from one condition to another.  

Sometimes, you can see the signs of the becoming.  Oftentimes, you can't.   

It seems to happen slowly and underneath the surface. 

And one day, after many, many days, the becoming that was happening in secret is obvious on the surface.  


How does a caterpillar become a butterfly?

How does a lump of clay become a teacup?

How does a lump of wood become a sculpture?

How do fabric scraps become a beautiful quilt?

How does silver become refined?

How does a blank canvas become a beautiful drawing?





















Copyright (c) Anna Jane

https://www.instagram.com/annajanearts/


It takes a designer having a design in mind.

It takes belief in the raw materials.

It takes knowledge and understanding.

It takes careful attention to detail.

It takes change and corrections.

It takes process.

It takes time.

It takes pain.

It takes hard work.

It takes a master working on his masterpiece with love and skill and patience.


How do I become all that God wants me to be, all that He knows I can be?

It takes obedience

It takes trust

It takes pain

It takes time

It takes surrender

It takes sacrifice


I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed................   Rom 12:1,2


This song is an old favourite, and a great prayer.


I'm captured by, Your Holy calling

Set me apart

I know You're drawing me to Yourself

Lead me Lord I pray


Take me, and mould me

Use me, fill me

I give my life to the Potter's hands

Hold me, You guide me

Lead me, walk beside me

I give my life to the Potter's hand


15 comments:

  1. I would prefer not to know,
    but I'll be brought there nonetheless,
    to a place I would not go,
    the altar of God's holiness.
    What's so wrong with me being
    a hooligan, skirt-chasing souse
    caught by old John Law for peeing
    on the side of my mate's house?
    But, NOOOO, I had to ask a priest
    in rare reflective sober moment
    if I was man, or merely beast,
    and plans he then commenced to foment
    led me to booth of confession,
    and consequence of Faith's profession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we have to come to that reflective sober moment before we can become. Thanks for sharing, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Kath, thank you for this encouragement this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Joanne. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm not good at craft but I sing in a choir and we are always told that you cannot make a musical note unless you hear it in your head first. It takes time and practice to be able to do this accurately. A few people are born musical with perfect pitch etc but most of us get there by a process of becoming musical. It is the same in our spiritual growth, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great analogy, Tish, and very encouraging. I'm trying to relearn the guitar. I'm grateful that He allows us to grow and change. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully expressed, Kath! It reminds me of the roses in the garden; the little buds grow a little larger every day; yet their petals are still hidden. Then one day, they open just a tiny bit; day-after-day, a little more of the petal shows until one day, the rose actual opens as a true rose bud. For several days, the rosebud unfolds until it fully blooms, then glorifies God with its full blossom for several days. Yet, all through the process, the little rose glorified God by being who God created it to be and functioning according to His design. May the Lord continue to bless you as you bloom before Him as a beautiful fragrant rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa, for that analogy. I have roses just starting to bloom - we've had a cold spring so far. I love watching them slowly coming to full bloom. It's encouraging when He reminds you that He's always doing something good under the surface.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I'm glad you liked it. It came together fairly quickly once I stopped complicating it.

      Delete
  6. oh, I love the parallel to a designer. well done. FMF23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette. I love that there is a Designer in charge of my becoming!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I love that song! Now it's in my head ... thank you. :o) I've been a homeschooler since 1989 and it is amazing to watch our children becoming. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, you've been homeschooling longer than me!! It's a good journey to be on. I've watched three older girls slowly become and still becoming, now watching the younger ones. I'm glad you liked the song. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete