Wednesday 26 October 2022

THE SURGEON

Who is this surgeon?

Who sees the deepest wounds,

Wounds unseen,

Who peels back the layers

to reveal the truth,

to expose the pain,

to allow for healing,

Who ignores my pleas

to leave those wounds alone,

please


Who is this surgeon?

Who shows me 

what I don't want to see,

Who rips off callouses 

To release the poison

of unforgiveness 

and lies and shame,

To allow His grace,

His love,

His mercy

to pour into 

the deepest crevices

of my heart


Who is this Surgeon?

Who knows where to cut,

when to cut

and when to let it be,

Whose gentleness 

matches His skill,

Whose tenderness

and patience

make it easier 

for me

to let Him

have His way


Who is this Surgeon?

Who requires truth 

in the deepest parts,

truths I can't see,

can't begin to comprehend,

Who sees the wounds that 

have caused me

to harden my heart,

to fear,

to strive,

to hang my head,

to hide 


Who is this Surgeon?

Whose mercy reveals

the damage done,

and what needs to be done,

Who corrects 

and chastens,

Who waits for surrender,

of sin and shame,

Who readily forgives

even when

I can't forgive myself


Who is this Surgeon?

Who not only operates

but actually heals, 

Who injures 

but binds up,

Who wounds

and makes whole,

Who restores shalom,

and strengthens me

to walk on the heights

with Him


Who is this Surgeon?

Who sees what I can be,

how I can be,

if only I will let Him

heal, restore, 

direct and correct,

Who requires

childlike trust,

obedience

and 

surrender,

Who says to me

"in your quietness and trust

I can heal"


Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects;

Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.

For He bruises, but He binds up;

He wounds, but His hands make whole.  Job 5:17,18


He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.  Ps 18:33


Come, let us return to the Lord.    He has torn us to pieces but He will heal us; He has injured us but He will bind up our wounds.   Hosea 6:1













http://clipart-library.com/clipart/65058.htm


This is a beautiful song of the Father's heart toward His children.  


When you see broken beyond repair

I see healing beyond belief

When you see too far gone

I see one step away from home

When you see nothing but damaged goods

I see something good in the making

I'm not finished yet

When you see wounded, I see mended


You see your worst mistake

But I see the price I paid

There's nothing you could ever do, to lose what grace has won


No comments:

Post a Comment