Thursday 29 July 2021

Enough Already!

 


Can't go back to the beginning

Can't control what tomorrow will bring

But I know here in the middle

Is the place where You promise to be

 

I'm not enough unless You come

Will You meet me here again

'Cause all I want is all You are

Will You meet me here again

 

As I walk now through the valley

Let Your love rise above every fear………..

 

Sometimes a song just captures perfectly where you’re at. 

And this is one of those times. 


I AM NOT ENOUGH!   Nope, I’m not!   Finally getting that revelation.  

How long did that take?  Too long.

I’m not enough to fix brokenness in myself, let alone in someone else.

I’m not enough to keep protecting them from the pain that’s driving them.

I’m not enough to own their stuff. 

I’m not enough to have all the answers they need. 

I’m not enough to keep the heart of someone who’s too broken to really trust anyone, until they can trust God.  


But I know Who is enough, and that’s a huge relief, now that I am actually learning to let go. 

And in discovering that He’s enough for them, I’m also finding that He’s enough for me.  

The burden to be enough is massive and too much to bear.

Because I was never meant to.   That actually WASN’T His idea.     

I got used to carrying these burdens, was trained for it early.  

But with the burden comes the mindset that I am IT for that person.  

And I’m not.   I am not IT.  


God is the only One, that’s right – One.  

He’s THE One - there’s no other like Him in power or goodness. 

And that One is NOT me. 

My job isn’t to be His substitute. 

It’s to be the moon for someone – to reflect His love into the darkness they’re living in.















He never intended for me to be the sun.
   That’s His job.  

I just need to get out of the flippin' way and point that person, that person I ‘needed’ to be IT for – point them to Him. 

I can be a conduit for Him, but I’m not IT.  

And I’m not enough. 

The One and only Son, the exact representation of the Father, the radiance of His glory, full of grace and truth – that’s the One they need. 


And who is this Jesus who is more than enough, God made flesh, God with me?

He’s Jehovah Raphe – Healer

He’s Jehovah Jireh – Provider

He’s Emmanuel – God with us

He is Faithful and True

He is the Good Shepherd

He is the Saviour, Messiah and Lord

He is the Wonderful Counsellor

He’s the Way, the Truth and the Life

He’s the Prince of Peace

He’s the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

He is El Shaddai – more than enough. 

 

And all that He is, is all that the other person needs for them.

Me thinking and trying to be enough – that’s cheating the other person of all that He is for them. 

And all that He is, is all I need for me, as I walk into a new normal of not being enough, of not carrying their burdens as well as mine.  

So ENOUGH ALREADY!

 

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God.
I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me,
so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me.         

I am the Lord, and there is no other.   Isa 45:5,6


2 comments:

  1. Oh, bless you, sister and friend! It is so wonderful to have your words breaking back into this space. And I am so excited! Anticipating the fruit that will come from the revelation of these truths to your beautiful heart. Moonlight for us all. Thank you so very much for so faithfully reflecting the Son for us all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Al. How lovely to read your comments. What a dear friend you have been all these years, and so encouraging. And you have reflected His light into my darkness many times.

      Delete