Sunday 16 July 2023

JESUS, MY STRONG TOWER

Who is this Jesus? 

this strong tower,

whose Name contains

all His trustworthiness,

His glory,

His eternal character,

Who was and is and is to come,

whose Name is my safe place,

my running-to refuge


Who is this Jesus? 

The Rock who doesn't move

when the storms of life

come again and again and again,

Who is steady, unchanging

and unshakeable,

when everything else 

is shaking 

and breaking 

my ability

to stand and face it,

again and again


Who is this Jesus?

whose love is relentless

like the storms can also be,

Who doesn't move

with the storms,

whose strength 

is my guarantee of safety,

Whose truth 

dispels the lies

and becomes

my new reference point


Who is this Jesus?

the Light of the world,

the Light of my world,

whose Word is my lamp

in the darkness,

a light for my feet,

Whose footsteps become 

my solid pathway forward,

even when I'm walking

on water


Who is this Jesus?

Whose righteous right hand appears 

in the storm,

to lift me up and out

of the waves 

that threaten to take me down,

Whose perfect love dispels the fear,

Whose gaze shifts my focus

from the waves

to His face 

and His grace


Who is this Jesus?

Who invites me in

to this rock-solid resting place,

Who dispels the darkness,

Who fills me with faith,

Who lights my lamp

with His holy oil,

Who lets me see

the storm from within,

from His perspective,

Who quiets me with His love













https://wallpaper.mob.org/pc/image/man_made-lighthouse-ocean-sea-storm-wave-1505624.html



Who is this Jesus?

Who is mightier,

higher,

more fearsome,

more awesome,

than the storms around Him,

around me,

Who still commands

the wind and the waves

to 'Be still!',

Who commands my soul

to also 'Be still!'

and know

that He is indeed God


The Lord is good,

A stronghold in the day of trouble;

And He knows those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7


Be still, and know that I am God   Ps 46:10


He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”    

Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.  Mark 4:39




Hallelujah, when the storm is relentlessHallelujah, when the battle is endlessIn the middle of the in betweenIn the middle of the questioningOver every worry, every fearHallelujah, even hereHallelujah, even here
Somehow I bow and my heart gets freeToo far, too hard becomes so easyI find peace here in surrenderingIn letting go

No comments:

Post a Comment