Friday 18 August 2023

HE IS IN THE MOMENT

I am writing for Five Minute Friday and today's prompt word is MOMENT

There are moments in your life that become like a line in the sand.   Before that moment in time, life was this, and afterwards it was that, sometimes worse, sometimes better, but always different.  

And you don't always know when that moment will hit.

Someone said to me recently, "What's the point trying again if you suddenly hit a moment when it all falls apart?" 

Yes, it seems to fall apart in a moment, but in reality, there were many moments where you perhaps made choices that led to THIS moment.  

There were many minor moments, minor choices, minor heart decisions, that in reality weren't minor at all, but appeared to be at the time.   

And then suddenly, there's a moment when you reap what you've sown, when those small, minor seeds that seemed unimportant grow to fruition.  

That moment hits and you're often left reeling.  

Maybe it's the moment where you discover your relationship is over.

Maybe it's a moment where your health takes a sudden nosedive because you've been ignoring key symptoms.

Maybe it's a moment in time where someone you dearly love is gone.  

Maybe it's a moment where you find out a loved one is making poor decisions.

Maybe it's a moment when you realise your church family is not what you thought it was.

Maybe it's a moment when your dream job dissolves or turns into a nightmare.  

Maybe it's a moment when your car starts to spin out of control and you find yourself tumbling around inside it.  

Or maybe it's that moment when your baby is finally born after hours of labour, and you are left speechless, in wonder.  

And then there is that moment when you get a revelation from the Lord that makes so much sense, when you read a verse for the umpteenth time and it just clicks.    And suddenly you're free of something, you're healed, you're convicted, or you can see clearly what previously was foggy or invisible.   

Those defining moments are not always the results of our choices.   Sometimes they come as a result of other people's choices, or just because we live in a fallen world.   Sometimes those moments come after months or years of trial and prayer.  

It can be a moment in time, where time itself seems to freeze and you are left reeling, or rejoicing, weeping or speechless, but in fact that moment is merely one moment in time, and there were many others that came before it.  

But, we are given many moments, every day, in which to choose what we worship, what we fear, what we take in, what we honour, what we sow, what we cherish, how we love, how we live.   

Is that why God says, 'TODAY', today if you  hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

Today is a collection of important moments and today is what we're given.   

How many moments do we spend resisting, in our hearts, His still small voice?  

How many moments of our lives do we spend doing our own thing, living our own lives? 

For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts........   Ps 95:7

He gives us those moments, today, when we can choose, because He knows that other moments will come when the time to choose has run out.   

I am glad that He is the creator and master of time itself and that no moment in time surprises Him. 














image by vierdrie


I am also glad that in the moment when things suddenly change, that change doesn't surprise Him.  I am grateful that He is right there with me, in the moment, an ever-present help in times of trouble, whether the trouble comes because of my choices or not.  

He is right there, in each moment of my life, and He never leaves.  

And whatever that moment brings, He is more than willing and able to cope with whatever it is I need.  He is more than enough for me.  He is in the moment.  


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Ps 46:1   



God is in this story

God is in the details

Even in the broken parts

He holds my heart, He never fails

When I'm at my weakest

I will trust in Jesus

Always in the highs and lows

The One who goes before me

God is in this story



10 comments:

  1. Yes, today that moment came,
    metastasis in last good leg,
    but to me it's still a game,
    no call here to weep and beg
    "Help me, help me, I can't cope!'
    for God knows I surely can,
    and even though I've got no hope,
    I know it all goes to His plan,
    just like the rocky path that led
    up that hill to Calvary.
    Might prefer Bali instead,
    but this isn't up to me,
    and I'll live what I am told
    as though I walk the Streets of Gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a tough discovery, Andrew. I'm glad you know His presence in the midst of it.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad He is with us through all the moments we experience, Kath. FMF#2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lisa. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. every bit of our moment here on earth is filled with moments preceding it...for good or ill. good to have that reminder to not let one moment weigh too heavily eh? FMF15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the big moments are dramatic for us, but not for Him and we can't let them define our lives.

      Delete
  4. So beautifully spoken Kath. Amen indeed.
    Visiting today from FMF #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Paula.

      Delete
  5. Love this, Kath--and the song.
    I always look forward to your posts.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sandra. That song got me through many seemingly hopeless days.

      Delete