Monday 9 May 2022

SUPPORT IN THE VALLEY

When God leads us through a valley, He gives us support.  He doesn't leave us alone in that.   











Valleys are tough places to go through, but even in dark, difficult places, we have choices.

We have choices to let others support us.  

That's hard to do, because often the valley exposes our faults and failures and insecurities.    

And it's meant to.   We get so tired, and we lose our filters and our smiles.    We need support.  

Mental, spiritual and emotional support are just as important as the practical stuff.    

We don't choose our valleys or the timing of them, or the length of them.    

We often don't even choose our fellow sojourners.   

But when we discover that those sojourners are good at supporting, because they've been through their own valleys and they know how hard it is, the valley becomes a place of growth and learning and life.   

I love what 1 Thessalonians  5:11 says, in various versions:   

Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing.  AMPC

So encourage each other to build each other up, just as you are already doing.  TLB

So encourage each other and ·give each other strength [build each other up], just as you are doing now.  Expanded Bible

I'm incredibly grateful for the supportive sojourners God has given me in this valley He's been leading me through for the last year or so.   They have en-couraged me - given me courage to keep going.  They have built me up.  They have edified me.  

I thought I'd be done already but I wouldn't trade what I've learnt, or who I've been blessed to know in this place.  Their faithfulness to continue to walk with me and support me is one of God's many gifts to me.   

Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage.   As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring; the rain also covers it with pools.  They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.   Ps 84:5-7


Though I walk through the valley
I will fear no evil thing
For You are with me
And You comfort me
Surely goodness, love and mercy
Will follow wherever I go




No comments:

Post a Comment