Tuesday 10 May 2022

HIS FOOTSTEPS, OUR PATHWAY

Writing again for Hopewriters in their five day writing challenge.    

Today's prompt is PATH.  










http://clipart-library.com/clipart/2092138.htm


I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.   Isa 42:16

This is a verse the Lord has led me to several times over the last month or so.    And there have been others, and other ways that He's indicated it's time for a new path, a new pathway.    

When you're heading down a new path, it's scary.    Even if the old path wasn't great and was hard, it was familiar, still is familiar, and it's hard to make the decision to turn from it and follow the Lord's leading on a way we have not known.   

We have to rely not on our own senses, nor experience, nor intelligence, but on Him.   He promises to lead the blind and not forsake them.  

So that's one thing that I've needed to learn about pathways.   That He actually does lead us on paths.  He doesn't just hang back and watch where we go and hope to catch up and keep us out of trouble.  

He leads us, if we'll follow.   

The other thing that has jumped out at me recently is that He leads us in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake.   For His name, for His glory.  

What are paths of righteousness?   Is that a comfortable path, an easy path, a convenient path, a popular path?    No, I don't think that's what it's about.  It's about a path that is right and true in HIS sight, not ours.    It's about walking with integrity and in truth, and walking in a way that honours Him.  

I love this verse: 

Righteousness will go before Him, And shall make His footsteps our pathway.  Ps 85:13

He is a righteous Shepherd, a faithful leader, and His footsteps become our pathway.   If only we would walk closely enough to know His footsteps and follow His lead.  


Shepherd of my soul I give You full control

Wherever You may lead I will follow

I have made the choice to listen for Your voice

Wherever You may lead I will go


No comments:

Post a Comment